Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not again...


Today is a day much like five other days where I will most likely go to my room, avoid looking at the walls, and sulk all night praying for the return leg. This can't be happening again. I'm nothing short of disgusted with the play, the effort, and the lack of interest from our players. I really do mean to say that I feel sorry for the crest. Today my faith in my team has been damaged greatly. Although I will never part with my true colors, it's times like these where one really begins to lose hope. It was an all around pathetic performance. I want to critique the match but I don't know where to begin honestly. In all reality we are the luckiest team in this competition. We could easily be looking at a 5-0 half way aggregate already, should have been over before it started. 1-0 is a blessing. We have it all to do at the Bernabeu but you just get the feeling, if that's the best we can do against Lyon away, we really don't deserve to win competition. I was embarrassed to have watched the game with so many people around. For the pride I show all the time in being a Real Madrid supporter was not justified but humiliated. Last night I couldn't sleep in anticipation, tonight I won't sleep because of frustration.

I cannot pick out one single good performance. That's pitiful. There was one main difference that I picked out between Lyon and ourselves. Lyon looked like they wanted to play. We looked like it was a chore to be there. Marcelo just horrific. I applauded his yellow card because it means he won't play in the next match. Arbeloa was frozen all match. Bad defensively, bad offensively. Ramos, fouled too much, gave away a bunch of dangerous free kicks for Lyon which they were unlucky not to do better with. If Casillas wouldn't have been standing in front of the 6 yard box he would have been in great position to save Makoun's shot, though it was a good strike. By the way Iker, nice goal kick. That should have been 2-0 in Lyon's favor. Welcome to the match Garay, that might happen when you don't pressure someone at the top of your penalty area. Kaka might have had trouble trapping a bag of sand or dribbling a Velcro ball with Velcro cleats. Granero looked for the first time that he might not be ready to be a Champions League starter. The inventiveness was missing from midfield. Get well soon Guti, VDV. Ronaldo should not have worn a Madrid shirt today. Perhaps he'd just like a logoless shirt with his name on the back. Today he played for Ronaldo. It's the last thing I wanted to see but it happened. Higuain pulled another disappearing act, other than the break way that probably goes down as our best chance.

As for our Benzema. He was eager to impress but simply didn't have enough time. Can't get a lot done when no one around you feels like playing. I feel for him. He came to Real Madrid for a better career but can't beat the team he left. What hurts the most though is the lack of intensity, the lethargicness. It looked like Lyon battled and scrapped for every ball, gave 110% on every play when our players walked around like their shit don't stink (pardon the curse). I would like to see Raul on at least. I know for sure that he would work his tail end off every match. I can bet my life that if I was the one standing in that tunnel pulling on a Real Madrid shirt, I wouldn't quit working until my heart stopped. I don't see that kind of commitment right now.

We need two goals at home. We have the quality to get them but I don't know if we will frankly. It's going to be a long couple weeks until the next leg. The players should be ashamed, but they have to overcome it. It's not over yet, but they've given us no reason to believe. Once again we fail to win against quality opposition. Time to turn our focus toward La Liga again. Villarreal visits this weekend and I hope we see a better performance there. I'm not looking forward to be laughed and ridiculed in the media, but I can't say we don't deserve it sadly. I apologize if it seems this post was written out of spite. Frustration is an monumental understatement.

Bobby

6 comments:

  1. I share your feeling Booby, after yest night match, been feeling low and sad. i hope these players known they have RM crest on their chest and they play it all with their heart and soul. Still i will never lose hope no matter what, but i just want us to play well in the next leg in front of our crowd and break the UCL curse once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby* sorry for the typo, dint see it, feels like all hope is lost. sorry once again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the game 1 and a half times yesterday(don't even ask why lol)..but i agree. the effort was not there for the merengue...it was like they were told by uefa that they had 3 gols before the match started...Marcelo pulled an Alves...Higuain pulled an Ibra...and Ronaldo...he pulled a Ronaldo...one thing that did stand out to me was how athletic Lyon are

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your website, I got it from visiting Corey's offside but I really feel just like you do, I am very very frustrated but there is home because we do play at home, and the players say they want to turn the tie around, Guti and VDV will be a huge plus when they come back. but first is first and we have Villarreal on Sunday. Then Tenerife next weekend and Sevilla the weekend right before we play Lyon in the second leg. Lets hope the next 4 games we show how good of a team we are

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i said it on the offside and i'll say it again ( without watching the game again) i really thought granero was our best player by far, he seemed to be everywhere and his effort was brilliant. But damm your a real RM fan, obv everyone who actualy come's here and comments are fans but i'm glad there are many people who like Madrid as much as me :) i'm impressed with your passion Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one holds their team to high standards like us. that will never change. We have more than a desire to succeed but an obligation. Anything else unaccptable. Thats the only way to be the best. Maybe that's why in the history of the sport, we are the most successful club

    ReplyDelete