Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Another 3 Points For the Taking.


Tenerife vs Real Madrid. I'm obviously pretty confident we can take this match but I said that against Xerez and it was a struggle for the first 70 minutes. I'm in a delightful mood though. Today was the second day in a row in which my classes were canceled due to bad weather (which really wasn't that bad, but I'll take the four day weekend). I really hope a lacking Madrid performance at a must win destination doesn't bring down the mood. We are on fire in the league as far as results go but like a mentioned in my "La Liga Deciding Fixtures" article, our away form has not been stellar. Games against lowly opponents away scare me at times for a few reasons.

1. No matter who we play, teams are always up to play Real Madrid, especially in front of their home fans.

2. When the opposition is low in the table, Madrid are expected to bake up a scintillating performance with a dramatic scoreline in our favor. Which adds pressure to games that don't have the same caliber of El Clasico, or a Valencia clash.

3. Sometimes players (cough Ronaldo) try to do things that they wouldn't normally try to do against a stronger opponent. It was seen in the Xerez game and when we went back to playing like the team-minded Real Madrid team we've seen for the better chunk of the season, 3 goals in 10 minutes.

But for now let's forget about the mental aspect and get to the match itself. The game will take place off the cost in the Canary Islands, where Tenerife is located. Pellegrini has named his team for clash leaving out Benzema and Drenthe who are still recovering from their respective injuries, Guti who has recovered but is not quite up to speed, and Arbeloa who is suspended for this match. I'm sorta glad that Arbeloa is missing this match rather than Sevilla at home next week. Two Castilla additions on the squad list. Marcos Alonso and Mosquera. I really hope that at least one of them gets a chance. I know we won't see it happen if we don't get out in front of them with a significant lead with a good bit of time to spare. Pellegrini is too cautious about putting our latest products in the line-up. It would be nice though considering this would be one of the ideal teams to test them out against. I've devised two line-ups for the match. One of my own, partnered by the one I think Pellegrini will opt for.


There's almost no doubt that with Arbeloa out, Garay will emerge from the pine once again to take center back, pushing Ramos to right back . For some reason or another, Pellegrini thinks Marcelo is a good choice left back. I know it's Tenerife but he didn't look good there against Xerez. That's why on my side I've chosen a cantanero! Marcos Alonso? Think I'm jumping the gun? Well I'm no Pellegrini. He can't be any worse defending than Marcelo that's for sure. Give him a shot. Anyone with me? To my dispair Pellegrini has shied away from the 4-1-3-2 (which Zizou and I have established to be virtually the same thing as 4-3-1-2 not to confuse anyone) and decided on the double pivot. I'm still more of a fan of the single pivot system. I just don't think Xabi Alonso plays as well along side someone as he does isolated as a deep lying playmaker. That's my opinion. I think Lass hurts him quite frankly. Moving up, Pellegrini and I still have the same "Kaka-Granero-Ronaldo." Granero hasn't been himself in the last 2 matches but I think that's because we have such high expectations for the guy. As great as he is, he cant have an assist or goal every match. Moving him to the bench will only hurt his confidence I think. However, that's just my opinion. Yes! Raul is in my line up, my man. I have just been dying to see him score again. He hasn't gotten one since October if my memory serves me correctly. I hope he plays and impresses. Once loved, always loved. Higuain will lead the line obviously for both me and boss because Benzema will still be in Madrid. Plain and simple.

In all respect to Tenerife, it's not them I'm worried about. It's us. Though they have improved slightly I guess since the break, I don't see them as a threat. Second in the drop zone and not much to be proud of as far as this season goes. Juan Fansisco Martinez is the club's leading goal scorer this season so he's obviously the one to keep an eye on. Los Blanquiazules were thumped last weekend by Bilbao 4-1 and will be looking to bounce back. This game is very manageable but if all possible I want to stay out of card trouble if all possible, which we failed to do against Xerez. We need three points. Barca are at home with Malaga coming to visit. I don't see an upset in the cards. Let's get in and get out. Get the job done and then turn our focus toward next week's game against Sevilla at Fortress Bernabeu.

Hala Madrid

Bobby

4 comments:

  1. Dude everytiime i hear you mention your uni, its always bad, fuck knows why you go there lolz.

    I think we will play like this.
    ............ Iker.................
    Ramos.... Albiol...... Garay..... Marcelo
    ................. Alonso..................
    ........ Lass........... Granero..........
    ................. Kaka................
    ........... Higuain........... Ronaldo.....

    which is similar to the one you picked for Pelle, but i think Kaka will play more centrally, which will move Granero deeper. I agree though, i would like to see Raul start, Marcus Alonso play ( come on at half time though not full 90 mins yet). Hopefully Vdv will start also but i don't see it, i would actually rest Granero for Vdv personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zizou that is an interesting like up but i kinda like it. now our typical formation but i like the way u think outside the box. VDV needs time him. He is too talented to sit. Maybe him an VDV split? just a thought.

    haha and yeah its not to special of a school. I'm here on a football (soccer) scholarship lol. Coach played for villa, wolves, sheff united, and somewhere else i think. He was my sellin point

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bobby, I left Xabi out of my line up as I think we need to practice without him for OL I think he is a fabulous player and his stats are awesome. I went with either Lass or Diarra as a single pivot with Kaka as mediapunta. I don't think Pellegrini will agree with me, or at least he might sub Xabi if the result is good. I prefer CR in a wider role as you have, we'll need any width we can get against OL. That's all I can think about right now. The internationals next week are going to cause an irritating break although the France Spain does look quite tasty
    Labomba

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true. Alonso is a major part of the side, so leaving him out against Tenerife who aren't as strong could benefit the team in the long run. That's gonna be our biggest challenge against Lyon at home. To me, Xabi is the glue that holds Madrid in place.

    ReplyDelete