Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Los Periquitos Flying to the Bernabeu


Real Madrid are expected to pick up three points at home against visitors Espanyol this weekend. When the squads met in Barcelona on the second match day of the season, the end result was 3-0 to los blancos with goals from Granero, Guti, and Cristiano Ronaldo who will miss the return leg at the Bernabeu because he will be serving his second game suspended of the two match ban he received for breaking the nose of Malaga's Mtiliga. Real Madrid City has served as much as hospital as it has as a training facility for Los Merengues in the past two weeks. When someone returns to being healthy, another player goes down. Injuries are part of the game but Madrid has suffered much worse than most this season. Arbeloa ,who has really started to come into his own, pulled out of training due to some knee pain and is unlikely to participate Saturday. This hampers the team because the back is already missing components such as Pepe, Metzelder (who I am beginning to think has a cureless illness), and Garay, who continued to work out in the gym. The midfield saw the return of Lass, and Van der Vaart to the squad today along with Diarra who joined in yesterday. However, the team lost golden heel Guti to the gym that sucks in players like a vacuum as of late. I am unclear to what exactly Guti's reason for gym work is. I also read a depressing article on goal.com that reported Kaka will battle with the nagging hernia injury for the rest of his career but he is set for the match against Espanyol. Of course, everyone is more than pleased to see that Pipita is back in business. He joined his teammates with Diarra.

Los Periquitos are a Barcelona based team who boast to be the first club to be founded by only Spanish football fans in 1900. They also looked down upon clubs that were founded by "expatriates" who established clubs like Barcelona (can't argue with that). The club is missing some key players. Raul Tamudo and De la Pena are amongst the wounded. De la Pena is set to miss up to 3 months and goes under the knife next week sometime to repair what I believe is an ankle injury. I've been wrong before though. Espn's Soccernet described it as a "lower leg injury." Japan and Espanyol midfielder Nakamura was amongst La Liga's worst players list goal.com published a few weeks ago. The former Celtic player, at the time was said to have only 7 shots, none on goal. He struggles to find his way into the line up at times. That's a shame. However, he does have 1 assist in his defence. But the most missed player of this team without a doubt is Dani Jarque. Rest In Peace.

With Sergio Ramos already filling in at center back for an injured Garay, and his right back replacement, Arbeloa, now too on the casualties list, the right side of the defence is looking for a filler. Although Lass is primarily a midfielder, he has played right back for the team before and did an exceptional job for playing out of position. Another option could be use a Castilla player. Why not? I know Pellegrini ALMOST used one against Deportivo but this is Espanyol, who are not having anywhere as good of a season, and we are at home. The fans would love nothing more than to see someone like Mateos or even Marcos Alonso get the chance to take on los Periquitos when they visit the Bernabeu. However, I don't think Pellegrini will start a Castilla player. I wish he would but you never know. He has called them up to training all season, put them in the squad list but they fail to break onto the big stage. Real Madrid's official website stated that "Pedro Mosquera has become a common sight around the first team’s training pitch and participated in today’s session." If Lass is at right back and Guti isn't healthy enough to make the return to the squad, Mosquera might be tipped to see midfield time, especially if Pellegrini runs the 4-2-3-1 he usually runs.

Now with the injection of Pipita in the squad, will he make the start? You can find my feelings on that in my last post toward the end when I talk about the strikers. Pellegrini hinted that he would be playing a line-up similar to the one against Deportivo. In that game, he went with a 4-1-3-2. This is what I predict Pellegrini will conjure up this weekend, fallowed by what I would do with Espanyol arriving.



Sorry about the small font. I'll fix that up for next time. Like I said, Pellegrini said he would be choosing a similar line up to Depor, so I think he'll stay with the 4-1-3-2 that he used in La Coruna to break the curse. Those of you with more gifted vision will notice the one change. I suspect Pellegrini will get Pipita in the line up as soon as possible to get him firing on form again for Xerez and the even more crucial Lyon in matches to come. I know your gonna think I'm crazy but I vote Raul as starter. Here's why. Higuain only returned to training on Wednesday, only 3 days before the match. His injury may be healed but his fitness (as in cardio) is certainly not where it was 3 weeks ago. I definitely want him to feature, as an early second half sub for Raul but I don't want to hurry him back. He is an important part of this team so we need to take the atmost precautions not to rush him back when he isn't as up to speed as others. When you're not fit enough, that's when you get hurt. I know the majority of fans have frowned at the Raul starting idea but for this game, with Pipita just coming off an injury, I think he should get the start for a second game in a row. It's Espanyol, not Sevilla or Valencia. Hell, he should have scored against Depor if it wasn't for a fantastic reaction save. He can still do a job for us. I wear my Raul jersey on days where I don't think he'll get to play. It's depressing to know a lot of people don't have faith in him anymore. That's my view. Hate it if you'd like. As I mentioned earlier, for more on my full striking plan for the next 3 weeks in my last post.

All personnel aside, Madrid have to win this match no matter who is wearing the white shirt. Barcelona are unlikely to slip up against Getafe at home and we must keep pace. Hala Madrid! Vamos Los Blancos! Keep the Bernabeu undefeated.

Bobby

2 comments:

  1. A couple boosts in the squad delight me. Arbeloa, and Guti return :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good game. Second half was a bit of a drag and particularly disappointed with Lass. He must realise that he can never be a playmaker and should still to his holding midfielder's task. He even makes Alonso look bad. Benzema had a poor game as well but a overall a pretty convincing performance from the boys!

    ReplyDelete