Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Friday, March 26, 2010

El Derbi Madrileno


With the title race in so close contention, all eyes are on the April 11th mega clash between Spain's largest titans, Real Madrid and Barcelona. The match will surely be the most decisive factor in a title race that is tighter than a fish's asshole, and that's water tight people (stole that off my coach). However, there is another derby among us. Last season, when Real Madrid was going into the Christmas break, we were 5th place in La Liga, below one of our most hated foes, city rivals, Atletico Madrid. One of my Barcelona friends took a shot at me and told me "How could you ever say you're the best team in Spain when you're not even the best team in Madrid." Personally, I've been so insulted in my life. Pathetico Madrid? Please. They haven't beat us in a decade and there are those who are say this Derbi isn't only about who gets the bragging rights in city for weeks to come after the match but a lot more to it. It's been said that Real is the Royal club, the club of the crown, the middle class and up ward. It provides a demographic of a wealthy and proud people in the North of Madrid, Chamartin. Whereas Atletico have been seen as more of the working class of people in the city. My friend provided me with a video I thought all of you might enjoy. To give you some more insight to the match. It's more than a match. It's what separates mediocrity from greatness. Guess which one we are?

http://partofthegame.tv/#/videos/series/1428/



How'd ya like it? Just a little background and insight to this massive match. We call them Pathetico but they are the only Spanish club still competing in all three competitions this season. I guess you can't really call that an accomplishment to still be in La Liga because you can't get knocked out but they're in the final of the Copa del Rey, and still bumping heads in the Europa League where they are too face Valencia in the next round in an all Spanish affair. After a slow start to the season, the Colchoneros have clawed their way up the table and currently hold the position of 8th on the table, still scraping to get back to a European competition for next season. Like Casillas said, Atletico are unpredictable. They tied Chelsea earlier this season 2-2 in the Champions League and then go and flush out a result like 1-1 vs Tenerife and a 2-0 loss to Malaga but hand Barcelona their only defeat of the season. You never know what you are going to get. When we went up 3-0 at the Calderon this season I thought it was game over but they pulled two late ones back and Casillas bailed us out of a draw if not a travesty called a loss.


Kaka proved his worth in his first Capital derby with that magic shot that broke the deadlock only 4 minutes into the game but won't feature in this edition of El Derbi Madrileno because he is struggling to get over an injury. His misfortune has almost come as a blessing in disguise for Van der Vaart who has found some hot form in the Brazilians absence. Ronaldo will get to play in his first city derby. Let's hope he is more well behaved in this city derby than in the Manchester derby. I think he was sent off at least twice against Manchester City. So behave yourself Ron. Lassana Diarra was not fit enough to make the squad list so maybe he can sit on the bench and reflect on his poor performances because he's been nothing short of not good enough. I hope Gago can hold the rebirth of form he's been gifted by the good lord. He just has to remember to keep it simple. Garay is a bit of a glass man for me. I'm beginning to realize that. He'll be missing the match due to a new injury (sigh). Ultimately that means Ramos will play center back along side Albiol, Arbeloa on the right and Marcelo can put his defending to the test. Drenthe and Benzema are sill injured. Will we ever see Benzema again? Here's the line up I picked out for the match.



Like I've said above, you never know what you are going to get from Atletico. They have players that do damage. Forlan was last season's Pichichi winner. Everyone hypes up Aguero who was spectacular when Atletico beat Barcelona but I think he is a little overrated. D Simao is always a dangerous face. It's not like I want to admit they have some pretty fine talents but to ignore some of their key players would be pure stupidity. don't get me wrong, Aguero is a very good player but If I had to pick him or Pipita, definitely Pipita. Atletico's awful defending is what has let them down time after time this season and with the way we've been scoring at home, we should be able to crack this. In their last 16 visits to the Bernabeu, our striped neighbors have only won once. Tragic for them, humorous for us. Messi didn't score on Wednesday so Higuain and Ronaldo have made up two goals a piece in the race for Pichichi. I would really love to see everyone talk about Messi all season only to have him be outscored by Pipa when it's all said and done.

We need the three points obviously with the title so tight. While our other Rivals will be squaring up against Mallorca who have won 12 of 13 matches at home, we still are to face the Islanders at their place but we'll take it a match at a time. It's always a better match when it's a derby. Three points, La Liga, and bragging rights are all on the line and I want them all!

HALA MADRID

No comments:

Post a Comment