Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Back With a Flash


I've yet to see the entire Real Madrid vs Valladolid match. Actually I'm watching it while I type but I have seen the highlights and inevitably the final score. I was traveling back so school, frequently using my phone to check the score as well as the Barca score. I had a bit of false hope when the blaugrana and los che were even after half time. Then I got a text message from when of my Barcelona supporting friends that read something like "Messi hattrick!!!!!!" After that I just decided I'd wait until the Madrid game started to checking up on the scores again. Valladolid 1-4 Real Madrid. At first reaction after seeing the result and score sheet I realized we had accomplished two things. We not only responded to the midweek tragedy but did it with four goals (five if you count Albiol's). We desperately needed a win. Ever since the exit to the Champions League, I've been eager to put it behind us and I think we did all we really could have done to do that. What more can we do than win our next match in La Liga? Nothing. The second thing Madrid accomplished or more Higuain in particular is that Pipita scored, not one not two but three goals! When I saw that my initial feeling was, "He scores three here, and misses an open net vs Lyon?" Whatever though, not much we can do about it now. I was worried about his confidence after goofing up at least two clear chances to score last Wednesday. Not to mention I could text my Barca friend back with "Pipita hattrick!!!!!" Really did some favors to keep himself in the race for Pichichi. The most important aspect of the weekend is that we remain the leaders. We only had Barcelona on goal differential coming into the weekend but Messi's 3 goals in Barcelona's 3-0 win over Valencia put them up by 3 points and one goal. So We need to win by at least 2 if we wanted stay leaders. That's also another criteria that we rose too.

As I'm watching this match though, the start really hasn't been pretty. This further reinforces my thoughts that we struggle to play a complete 90 minutes of good football. Whether it be the second half, or the first 25 minutes, I'm yet to recollect a performance where we dominated from start to finish in 2010. Ramos just picked up another booking, his 10th of the season (sigh) and Vallodolid just missed wide. I hate to keep bringing it up but after the Lyon match, the pressure is on us to succeed and achieve especially now that Barcelona is the ones chasing us. Scoring goals is important as long as we are even on points. It's about the 24th minute and we're starting to move the ball around more effectively and Valladolid really has had no other option but to foul us which is frustrating for me because I want to see us flow but it lead to a great Ramos header on the back post.

From the highlights, I saw that Granero drew the free kick that Ronaldo scored from. Good to see another contribution from El Pirata. Ronaldo scored his free kick, took a slight deflection but took leadership to break the deadlock and open the floodgates. I'm sure CR9 will be happy that he has scored. I call it the Ronaldo appeasement policy. He'll be sour if he doesn't get one. It was nice to see Van der Vaart get the start in Kaka's absence. I've always found him useful and has done good things this season despite being somewhat of a squad outcast when this whole project started, taking his number from him and everything, rightfully returned. I saw Ronaldo get stomped on, that wasn't pretty. Childish from the Valladolid player. Did't see who it was. Ronaldo's reaction deserved an Oscar though. I would have been just as pissed though so I can't say a whole lot. Nasty looking wounds. Casillas Made a pretty save on Pele's freekick. It was in a very dangerous area dipping toward the bottom right corner, maybe knicking off someone's head.

Pipita's second goal was mighty pretty. Free kick quickly taken by Xabi Alonso who chipped a ball delicately into C-Ron who flicked it on to Higuain. Pipita blew past a defender leaving him to watch the Numero 20 tuck the ball into the corner from the view of the turf. He also did well to score his number three. One of the best qualities of being a striker is being a poacher, being in the right place at the right time to score. Ask Ruud or Inzaghi. He made a living out of it. So when Ronaldo's tight angled shot, Higuain was in the perfect spot tuck home the rebound. Pipita has 19 goals in 20 games. The most efficient goal scorer in La Liga. It seems like him and Messi are playing the "Anything you can do I can do better." Casillas played a great game. He was unlucky not to get the clean sheet when his kick save hit Albiol and ended up in our own net. We have Arbeloa to thank for that.

This match improved our away form record as well. I always get a bit nervous when we travel but was comforted by this game's final score. Next week we go back to the La Liga fortress Bernabeu to take on Sporting Gijon who we drew 0-0 with away earlier in the season. Barca travels to Zaragoza where I expect them to win, and maybe by a significant score so it is important that we win comfortably as well. That's all I have for now. I'll continue writing this week.

HALA MADRID

Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment