Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Epic Battle at the Helm of Fortress Bernabeu


Usually on the eve before the second leg of a Champions League Round of 16 match I'm turning over the scenarios and what it will take us to get through to the next round rather nervously but strangely enough I'm calm, collected, confident. Quite a different mood from my fright in the night previous to the Stade Gerland match. After what I saw on Saturday and later comprehend, I feeling as if we're taking the momentum from the comeback and the energy from the fans and are confident (not cocky) that we can progress. It's a feeling unlike the last 5 years going into this second leg. I have reason to be upbeat. Maybe it's because the objective is very clear. Win by two goals. There's no if, ands, or buts about it. However we only need one goal in 90 minutes to force extra time but I'd rather just get the job done in 90 minutes. Sorry if the preview is coming to everyone a little late. I've been very busy running around at home because of spring break. Let's get started. Shall we?

Let's look at some positives going in. Obviously momentum from the big win this weekend a little extra from the fashion in which that game was one. Also the team seems united. When you bring a bunch of new players together no one can expect gelling right away (unless you're stupid). Not only do the players have to learn each others playing styles and habbits in order to perform well but the need to learn their personalities, become close friends. I think we are beginning to see that more and more. When the team all gathered together in one huddle after the Sevilla game that's when I knew things are tight knit. Also, the fans will be as amped as ever after what they witnessed on Saturday. How do I know this? Well, I'm a fan, duh. Not only is the team as one but there are currently very few injuries in the squad. Benzema and Drenthe are the only ones out with their respectable knocks and other than that the squad is out on the training pitch rather than in the gym. Drenthe won't be missed because he hardly plays and I can't say Benzema will that missed either because our offense seems to be working on all cylinders without him.

So with the thought that we need two goals to progress in mind, we have to think offensively but a the same time we can't afford to get scored against because for everytime we let one up, we have to add on one to the amount of goals we have to score. Obviously Xabi Alonso is unable to play due to yellow card suspension so what do? Obvious plug in for me is either of the Diarras. If lass just distributes and does the actual job of a holding (not attacking dude) I think he is a better option only because Mahamadou is more of a bruiser. Ah hah! In that case we might need the number 6 instead because it is sure to be a physical battle. I think we have learned a valuable lesson from Sevilla in what our offense can do with all the right tools. Offense is the best defence at times. It is crucial that we score early. It would settle nerves and put us in a rhythm to get another one. We haven't failed to score at home all year. We have 90 minutes to at least get one. There are a few games away in which we failed to score, Lyon being one of them. Here is my line up for the match tomorrow.




Very similar to the post substitution Real Madrid we saw this weekend. Arbeloa takes the place of Marcelo who is also suspended and I have M. Diarra as the holding midfielder. To me he is more of a Xabi Alonso like player than Lass is and we need the physical presence. I figured why not go so offensively when we need goals. We needed goals this weekend, and roughly these are the guys that got us there. Pellegrini had an A+ performance this weekend. As for subs, I can see Granero and Raul both featuring at some point and Lass or big Diarra coming off the bench depending who gets the start. After the first leg, many fans said we lacked midfield creativity because Guti and Van der Vaart were injured. Well they're back now and if they bring to the table what they did on Saturday, we'll be in business.

As for Lyon, since we last saw them three weeks ago, they've not conceded a goal in Ligue 1. They have two wins and a 0-0 draw against Boulonge this past weekend. Lyon have no players suspended for the match but Brazilian international Michel Bastos, who played for Brazil at left back in their recent friendly against the Republic of Ireland, will be missing with a thigh injury.

The objective is clear. The team is ready. Us supporters just sit and await our faith anxiously. It will be a nervy 90 minutes for me personally. I transform into a monster when Madrid plays. You probably don't ever want to watch a match with me (:p).

HALA MADRID

Bobby

3 comments:

  1. Great to see your optimism, Bobby. I made the mistake of watching the away leg again, and Lyon are awesome at stopping RM from playing, (did they only have 11 men on the pitch? It looked more like 16 or so). Which we'd had that line up on the away leg (single pivot with Xabi though) Can they cope without Xabi, I know you agree with me that he is the cog of the team.
    My nerves won't allow me to watch tonight, and I've prepared myself mentally for another KO and have a full list of every permutation of media headline in my head ( eg the whole Lyon backline cost only 4 million)
    The goal celebration by Ramos if you haven't read by now was V sign for the prison he'd visited the week before, the nipple thing a private celebration with his friend ( husband of Nina Pastori famous flamenco singer here) and finally the head rubbing was for Del Nido and his hat wearing
    We need luck tonight, a penalty or two would do as we can't seem to break through their professional defence.
    Labomba

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS where you've put Marcelo you meant Ramos, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. lol thanks Labomba. I did that at like 3 am last night. little tired. glad u caught it. I fixed it. Haha great insight on the Ramos celebration though. Cleared it up for me. I was clueless! HALA MADRID

    ReplyDelete