Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Anything Barca Can Do...


Hey everyone. I apologize for not being quick with the pen as of late. My school work has engulfed me and spit me up time after time this week. I'm mentally drained. That being said I do what ever it takes to watch at least a little bit of every Real Madrid match if all possible. I started watching the match of a crappy online feed in my Cultural Studies of Media class. Quietly hiding behind my laptop, and swearing under my breathe whenever I was unsatisfied with what was going on or the feed froze. And even though my class ended 20 minutes into the first half, I raced home to shoot on the TV before I had to leave a training session of my own around 40 minutes. Miraculously, through the terrible feed and the gaps in which I missed, I managed to see all four Real Madrid goals! Real Madrid 4, Getafe 2. If someone were to tell me that Real Madrid would score four goals at the beginning of the day, I'd take it. Two goals from Pipita, two goals for CR9, a blunder from our wonder keeper, and another lucky deflection which lead to the Getafe goal based on the highlights.

I've been tuning into the footballing world as much as I can lately but I have been hiding under an academic rock all week. I did notice Kaka didn't make the squad list still (sigh) and Lass also had to pull out (yesss, sorry but he's been an absolute flop lately and it's starting to bug me). In light of little Diarra's absence, I think we've seen some what of a renaissance of Gago. He came on at the weekend against Gijon and was solid and also played fairly well today. Definitely moved way up the line on the pecking order for defensive center midfield on my list. I might even slide him into one of my sliding line up. I can't believe I'm actually saying that. But what's good for the club is good for the club. Also judging off the first half alone, I thought Van der Vaart was also great. He had the assist on both of Pipita's goals and has just been a driving spark behind the team in a past few games. It's truly impressive how two of our midfielders who have been a total selection question in two different parts of the season just burst back onto the scene. Van der Vaart and Gago have both been pretty much on their way out of Madrid. The Dutchman in the summer and Gago as recent as January. The Argentine probably would have left if City had not been total amateurs about the transfer. We put them in the same midfield today in the absence of players like Lass and Kaka, who are ranked as much better players in the footballing world, and VDV and Gago play just as good if not better than our big buys. Interesting.

Ronaldo broke the dead lock with a sublime free kick. With all the rain and choppy online screen no bigger than a game boy screen, I couldn't tell if the handball was in or outside the penalty area. However, it wasn't like I was concerned though with CR9 and VDV over the ball. Ronaldo simply sublime from about 19 yards out. It was fallowed by a loud whisper cheer. Attracted some attention but I don't care if anyone knows. It doesn't get much more top corner than that. The Getafe keeper must have just been exhausted first half. He faced an absolute onslaught first half. He definitely should have done better with Ronaldo's second goal but a cracker of a goal nonetheless. A couple step overs and a bullet from a sharp angle. It doesn't get any prettier than that. I flew out of my see with a "Wow!"

Casillas, common man. I love you to death but that was stupid. An to get mad at Parejo for scoring? I would have done the same thing. It's not like the tackle was dirty. It was solid and he capitalized on your mistake. Rolling around on the ground isn't going to make things any better. Ask Ronaldo.

I really can't tell you much else because I didn't see the whole match so comments will be extremely valued. It's a college Thursday night and I have a reason to celebrate now. I'm over the hump and ready to have some fun.

Hala Madrid!

Bobby

3 comments:

  1. Thats cool Bobby, any posts are good enough, don't need to apologize.

    The second half wasn't as good tbh, being 4-1 up guess we just relaxed. Although instead of keeping the ball for 10 minute spells like Barca do, we didn't really control the game. I agree with Gago though, he played well, was involved in 2 of the goals but I did think Alonso would move forward more with Gago playing but it didn't really happen, so when Lass does go further forward than Alonso I do think its Pelle telling him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah right on both points Zizou, I expected Alonso to move forward too, But linked well with VDV none the less. I like the way Guardiola manages to get the team to concentrate for the full 90 mins and keep possession, we have some excellent passers of the ball but when the motivation goes down they go into cruise mode and lose the possession. I missed the first half as was working but listened to the commentary in the car, and wondered whether to bother stopping off at the pub with 1 - 4 up as I knew the 2nd half would be crap similar to game against Sporting till they soored

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah good stuff guys. I feel like we play one good half and that half is good enough to give us the game. Like we score a bunch of goals in one half and not the second half and it still gives us the insurance incase we play poorly in the next half. But it doesn't work against quality opposisiton. Example Lyon.

    ReplyDelete