Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Relieved, Not Satisfied: Real Madrid 2-0 Malaga


At the end of the day, the three points is what really matters but I was not best pleased by Real Madrid's performance today. As a Madridista, we naturally hold our team to the loftiest of standards and it's sad to say that we pulled more negatives from this home win than positives in my eyes. I'm gonna get down to business and start with the not so pretty side.

Ronaldo sent off... again. How do I even describe my disappointment. It's an all around bad feeling for so many different reasons. First of all, for those who think the referee was being harsh, the red card was well deserved. Ronaldo blatantly, out of frustration from being grabbed, threw his elbow into Mtiliga's nose. He simply let his emotions get the best of him. That's the second time Ronaldo has been sent off this season in La Liga. The season is only half way through and he's only played in half the games because he was injured. So two red cards in a quarter of the games played. We can't have him being sent off once every 5 games or so. He needs to control himself. Essentially he has hurt the team even more than you may know. Next week we have Depor at the Riazor, a ground where we haven't won in 18 years (depressing? just a little). Now we have to go and take three points from the Galician side who are enjoying not a bad season without our notably most influential player. Deportivo are no joke, they are tied on points with Mallorca who are in forth but sit in fifth due to goal differential. The triumphed over Bilbao at home 3-1 this weekend. But what bugs me the most about Ronaldo's marching orders is that it was so unnecessary. We are up 2-0, he had already escaped Mtiliga, the game is all but over, he's already made himself the hero with two very good goals, and he transforms himsself into a villain by an act of stupidity. So disappointing.

Benzema yet to find his feet and the net again. I really thought he was going to seize this opportunity to shine due to Higuain's injury but we just haven't seen it yet. Higuain is still sure to miss the match at Deportivo so Benzema has one more chance to grab headlines but it will be his toughest test out of the 3 games Pipita was set to miss, especially now that Ronaldo is now suspended. The Riazor is a violent atmosphere and Benzema needs to stand out. We played a 4-5-1 formation at home today with Benzema as the loan striker with Kaka being the one to join in late. So almost like a 4-4-2 only Kaka was not considered a striker but an attacking midfielder. He maybe needs more help up field? Benzema didn't do anything to really impress me today. It's not that I thought he played poorly, like he did at San Mames, but I just don't feel like he played well either. He's in a bit of a striker's funk. His best positive that came out of the match was he was involved in the build up that lead to Ronaldo's first goal. It was a pleasure to see all three of our top signings this summer combine to put us in the lead. Benzema to Kaka. Kaka with a low cross to the incoming banana boots of Ronaldo who one timed it at ease into the net. Pretty football, but it came out of no where.

The tempo of today's match was just off rhythm. Despite winning 2-0 we never really found a dominance. We often times tried to rush. Malaga did a pretty decent job closing down channels and pressuring us in the first half but the two goals in such quick secession noticeably broke their spirits. Even after 90 minutes, I never felt like we settled in. I'd like to see us be more patient and possess the ball more. Take the pressure off ourselves.

Another deep concern of mine is what happened to Garay? I must have missed it. Just before half time blew, I flipped over to the Milan Derby and when I came back after watching some of that, Arbeloa was on the right, Marcelo had come in at Left back, and Sergio Ramos now occupied the center back position alongside of Albiol. I really hope Garay isn't injured. If anyone could help me out, I'd be pleased.

This match makes us 10 out of 10 at home. Unbeaten with all wins, the best in La Liga when it comes to home records. However it's our away form we need to worry about. I'll will give it up for Ronaldo, his second goal was a beauty. The Malaga defense will be asking questions of themselves because, how the world's most expensive player finds that kind of space in the middle of the park is shocking defending. I thought Guti played well, assist to Ronaldo's wonder goal. I'm still requesting more of Kaka but he was a wee bit better today, had an assist too. Granero was great again after coming on. I thought he had found a piece of cheese in that top corner but a great save denied him. Raul worked his tail end off after coming in as usual but the fact that Ruud Van Nistlerooy got to say his goodbyes was a touching moment. Gracias Ruud. We will always be thankful. Don't quote me on this but he might have the best goal/per minute ratio in La Liga this season . He played 15 minutes and scored 1 goal. La Liga hasn't seen the Dutchman since. Just a joke but truth behind it.

Bottom line is we need to improve. Deportivo will not role over like Malaga. The only player that has scored goals for us in the last 270 minute won't be playing and we'll also be missing our leading goal scorer of the season, Pipita. It will be a wall to climb but we must keep pace with Barca. They don't look to dropping points anytime soon. They have Sporting Gijon away next on their fixture list. Although, it is a place where los blancos failed to pick up 3 points in the fall, Gijon sit in 10th place and shouldn't cause a threat to the Catalans who are playing as well as ever lately. It will be a much easier week on me knowing we didn't lose at the weekend but in the back of my mind I'll still be asking questions.

Bobby

2 comments:

  1. I still think Ronaldo did not deserve a straight red simply because he only intended to free himself off the defender and in the process just happened to injure Mtiliga's nose.

    Benzema and Kaka were poor. Two or three moments of good football in a 90 minute game is not acceptable, and is not what Real signed them for. Kaka has been a different player since the injury.

    Garay picked up a hamstring injury I believe. Might be back in time for the Depor game.

    I was also impressed by Guti although I always knew his passing ability. He just needs the consistency. I'd say he has performed well under Pellegrini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you mate about Kaka still just doesnt look himself. Maybe the assist to Ronaldo will act as a booster. What he really needs its a goal. And ur right Benz has been poor. he REALLY needs a goal.

    I still think ronaldo's actions were an act out of frustration. It still looks to me as if he was trying to bat Mtiliga away but there was no intent of hitting him in the nose or face. If CR9 wanted to do that he would have look back and wallopped him in the sniffer, fully aware. But none the less he flung his arms back. perhaps if it would have hit Mtiliga in the chest or arm nothing would have happened at all. Ronaldos attitude sometimes hinders him in the eyes of the referees. He has a history of being sent off, and diving. end everyone is aware that sometimes he gets so passionate his attitude takes over. He's never been an officials favorite. What I'm trying to say is he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt if he claims it was an accident.

    Thanks for the Comment

    ReplyDelete