Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Reaction to a Winter Wonder: Real Madrid 2-0 Mallorca


I was unable to see the match yesterday, sadly. I was traveling all day and was only able to get updates through various text messages. I wasn't the one driving so it's not like I could just check my phone every 10 minutes to see what was going on. I checked like every 10 seconds instead. However, my nerves settled a little bit when I got the text "Marca Pipita!" from a friend shortly after the match had started.

I wish I could analyze the match but having not seen it would make things rather difficult, wouldn't it? I did see the highlights and read the match reports. It appears that through the snow, Madrid dominated the match. There were a couple chances here and there from the islanders from what I understand but, correct me if I'm wrong, it could have easily been 3 or 4 to none.

I hate to see Benzema left out of the start XI so often but with the formation we are running and the form the Higuain has been in, there really isn't any other choice. Higuain has been just brilliant. In our two goal game, he had a thriller of his own and an assist which sat very kindly for the Pirate, Granero who smashed his volley in from close range. He was unfortunate not have another goal. The goal keeper made a tremendous save on a bullet he fired from around the edge of the area.

I was very much under stress when I got the text that told me Van der Vaart had gone off through injury, but my smile was salvaged when I heard that Granero would be the one to replace him. I've been an enormous Granero fan since his first few minutes back in a white shirt. This boy is so promising. I hope his playing time increases with the temporary absence of Van der Vaart. As to what VdV's injury actually is, I'm unclear. Goal.com reported that Madrid confirmed he would be out of action for 3 weeks with a hamstring tear but the Real Madrid official website contradicts those reports. Realmadrid.com says "the Dutchman has a strain on his left calf muscle."
I was a bit puzzled on that note though. I expected the young Granero to start the match which left me pondering my spare time in the car as to what the line up and formation was for the early kick off. I tinkered with it over and over in my brain until finally coming to the conclusion that it must be a 4-2-3-1. I believe i was correct. However, I must admit I was unsure who was sitting along side Xabi Alonso. It was an interesting choice in Gago. I've never hid my feelings about Gago. I never thought he had the quality to be a starter at this club. Because I missed the match, it is impossible for me to rate his performance but if anyone else would shed some light on the subject for me, I'm all ears. Goal.com gave Gago a 7/10 and mentioned that he distributed the ball simply. He doesn't look a bad player when does that. It's when he tries to over-do it, he gets himself into a bit of trouble.

Nice to see Kaka was back in action. I know he had the assist to Higuain's goal. Other than that, I can't tell you anything else about his performance (again input would be great here). There was a rare Guti spotting as well! He came on for Xabi Alonso late in the match. I was hoping we might get a glimpse of the veteran despite what people may think about his personality. Xabi Alonso's niggle is said to be nothing serious , just a bruise.

It is quite amazing that I'm this far into a reaction article and I haven't even mentioned Ronaldo's name yet. It's not that I thought he played poorly. I can't tell you how he played. He'll obviously be disappointed not to have scored. He always is. I saw that he had a few chances. Things just didn't go his way yesterday. Happens to everyone.

In the end it was a great win, a vital win, that keeps us at pace with Barcelona, who spoiled my day yesterday. I was just receiving a text that read "...barca is on espn and they look terrible, its still 0 0 though," when Messi, who ultimately scored a hat-trick, put the Catalans up at Tenerife. It eventually ended up in a slaughtering at 5-0 but from the highlights, Tenerife should have gone up at least a goal if they took their chances before Barca woke up.

Real Madrid have a difficult trip away to Bilbao next weekend. There is always a new test for los blancos but I'm convinced that we can rise to the challenge every time. Barca will have to try and do what they couldn't earlier in the week and that's beat Sevilla at the Nou Camp. Plenty of action to look forward to in coming times. That's all I have for now. If anyone would put some insight to crucial details I may have missed, you are more than welcome too.

Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment