Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In the Wake of a Disappointing Weekend


I try not to bring it up but Real Madrid did fail to take the La Liga lead because of their away stalemate in Pamplona against Osasuna. I try to exile myself from the footballing world after disappointment but a rare occasion made me grin when I glanced at the headlines unintentionally. Okay fine you got me, I was curious of the Barcelona vs Sevilla Copa del Rey 1st leg result which happened to finish 2-1 to the Andalusians at the Nou Camp if you happen to miss it! I have two favorite teams, Real Madrid C.F. and who ever is playing Barcelona. So when I discovered they lost at home I was more than thrilled.

Then again a Copa del Rey anything just reminds me of our miserable exit but the joyful thought of frowning Barca players almost evens it out. Sadly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the result was "they probably didn't start their best XI." I was right. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Henry, and Ibrahimovic all started on the bench. On the contrary, Messi, Iniesta, Pedro, and Davi Alves did all start. So not their best starting line up but it included some quality Barcelona players including 2009's trophy boy, Messi. However, Ibra was introduced at half when the score was still tied at zero for Pedro. Busquets was brought into the match at 66 minutes for the rarely seen Gabi Milito after the young Diego Capel scored the opener on 60 minutes. Guardiola seemed to boost his offense by adding Xavi to the mix in the 70th minute. I didn't see the match but maybe Xavi was the boost Barcelona needed to draw level because a Zlatan Ibrahimovic goal brought the game to 1-1 on 74 minutes.

This is where it becomes interesting to me. Barcelona now had a fair experienced line-up on the field. Only a minute after drawing level. Diego Capel, who looks more and more promising everyday, drew a penalty which was converted by Alvaro Negredo. They say that you are most vulnerable after scoring but this is Barcelona we're talking about, with the momentum from a goal only a minute before hand. This Sevilla side only had 14 senior players on hand for the match and managed to get out in front of Barca, and climb above them after being equaled deep into the second half. That's an impressive result. Now the Blaugrana have to go to Sevilla (Us Madrid fans know that it's difficult to win there because of our loss to them 2-1 earlier this season in La Liga) and win by 2 goals. The scoreline 2-1 to Barca will send it to extra time and penalties if needed. A 1-0 result to the Catalans will still put Sevilla through on away goals.

I know this doesn't directly affect Real Madrid, but it affects their fans. As other Madrid fans, I don't want to see another trophy in Catalonia for a long... uhh wait.. well ever again. Because we blew our chance to stop them in the Copa del Rey so shamefully ourselves, whoever is going to step in and take the responsibility is a friend of mine. It really did a lot for morale on a Tuesday when Real Madrid was not even scheduled to play.

Bobby

4 comments:

  1. A very disgusting display from the blaugrana...no effort in the second half..in fact no effort after the 40th minute..Marquez is too slow to play def mid he did have a good assist tho...maxwell is lost..chygrinsky is awful..first time since ive seen or heard every barca home match over the last 3 yrs and ive never heard a player whistled like he was

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alves forgot how to cross for about 20 mins...nobody wanted to put the ball across the line...After the game, I looked on iniesta's twitter page for an apology...i feel all cules deserve one for that shit(I apologize for swearing on your blog). The one positive was Thiago...i like his potential

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your opinion is always valued guelinho. Its nice to have a barca perspective. We hold our squads to the highest of standards

    ReplyDelete
  4. i only saw the highlights but it looked like barca had more than their fare share of chances. i saw one go off the post and a few others. tell us about it

    ReplyDelete