Welcome

Welcome Madridistas, friends of football, and even haters alike. I am Bobby, also known as Bobinho. I am the author of Blanco Bonito. I'm back for another season with an all new look, a greater and more anxious desire for Real Madrid success, and a craving for seeing trophies back where they belong! This is where I voice my opinions, discuss tactics, and analyze Real Madrid related topics. I love interaction. Feel encouraged to let yourself be heard. If you have any questions or would like to see a topic or point of interest on the blog, shoot me an email at rmohr5@hotmail.com This blog is a tribute to the greatest club in the world, Real Madrid. My blog is your blog, like Real Madrid is our club. Make yourself at home. Hala Madrid!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Di Maria to Real Madrid, Bienvenido


Real Madrid have officially confirmed that Angel Di Maria will don the white shirt next season. The 22 year old Argentine international is the first capture for Real Madrid this summer. Di Maria is a sparkling young winger who has the capabilities to slice up defences. He joined Benfica in 2007 where he has shined bright enough to catch Madrid's eye. Real Madrid and the Portuguese club have agreed a fee of €25 million and a contract for six years. He was named the Portuguese Liga Player of the Year last season. His team accolades include one Portuguese Liga, two Portuguese Cups, a gold medel at the olympics, and a U-20 World Championship. Quite an impressive resume for a player of such a young age. There was talks of several current Madrid players to play a part in the swap for Di Maria like young Marcos Alonso and Garay but it appears that we have kept hold of them. Mourinho had admitted that it wouldn't be the best idea to pay an outragous amount of money for a star who is yet to prove himself as a world class player but commented that if the price was right, he would be an ideal signing. However, some think that the price is still a bit much.

I will be the first to admit that I'm not a Di Maria expert. I have seen some footage of the player and I understand his strengths very well but highlight tapes do not highlight flaws in a player's game. He is a remarkably crafty dribbler and speedy. He managed to do some interesting things that caught my eye in Europa League match vs Liverpool this past season but in this current World Cup, I haven't been blown away. I've seen every Argentina game and he has yet to convince me that he is what Real Madrid have been missing. I'm yet to decide if it's because I'm expecting everything I have seen in the youtube videos to reflect what I see in real time matches or I just haven't seen enough of his performances to make up a solid opinion on the player. He seems a little flustered on the ball. A lot of his flicks have broken down attacks and he seems easily bumped off the ball. But if there is a league in Europe where lacking physical stature and brute force can be over come by skill and technical ability, it is La Liga. I'm not even concerned that he hasn't scored in this summer's tournament. However, I do see great potential. I think La Liga can highlight his abilities and its a good next step up for a promising prospect. He is now a Real Madrid player, so I will back him and support him as long as he wears the crest over his heart. All the same, Di Maria, Welcome to Real Madrid!

Hala Madrid

2 comments:

  1. left it a bit late coming to your blog man but i'll be reading again.

    well I didn't want Di Maria tbh, not because I don't like him, just that I wanted to see some of are youth players like Juanfran get a chance. But now he is here, seeing his highlights has cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i feel you. i hope he can convince me he is RM material. apparently I'm hearing that Marcos Alonso was part of the deal from other commenters on the offside.. thats a shame.. one of the two players from castilla that made an appearence, sold again..

    ReplyDelete